1. All nouns and verbs take an ‘I’ front hook, i.e. words like POD, GALLOP now take an I front hook. If the hook is a blank, an extra 5 points is added to the word formed because it now looks classier (e.g. iPod, iGallop). Exclusions to this blank rule are: IROBOT (which can only mean, I, Robot) and ISUCK (yes, you do suck).
2. All non-comparative adjectives (or what the correct term should be) now can, in Scrabble, be played in comparative form.
Some examples to consider:
“His move was retarded.” This in its comparative form would be “This is retardeder“
“This is dirt cheap.” This in its comparative form would be “This is dirter cheap.”
3. With the inclusion of rule 2 as stated above, the word “MORE” is disallowed.
4. With the inclusion of rule 3 as stated above, all comparative forms take -LY behind. An illustration: “She did this stupidly.” This in its comparative form would be “She did this stupiderly.”
5. All nouns take a Y behind (the predecessor being ANGST). These words are all in comparative form. E.g. JOYSTICK – JOYSTICKY – JOYSTICKIER – JOYSTICKIEST
6. With the inclusion of rules 2, 4 and 5 as stated above, the word “ENGLISH” is disallowed.
7. In recognition of the recent influx of numbers into our vocabulary a letter may be played as its number (as reflected on the score at the bottom right of the tile).
Examples (not exhaustive) include:
Any letter scoring 4 points can be played as an A
Any letter scoring 1 point can be played as an I
Any letter scoring 0 points (i.e. blank) can be played as an O, but it can really play as anything anyway!
Therefore a word RETINAS can be played with RMTONFS, forming R3T1N4S.
8. A significant problem in the last update (Collins) has been noted: The word “BLOGGER” is allowed. We suspect that this is an infiltration of the dictionary aiming to put Blogger ahead of rivals like Livejournal and WordPress. Hence from now on all blog publisher names will be allowed.
9. With the inclusion of rule 8 as stated above and with increasing blogging trends, words like BLOGGED (blog being a verb), MISBLOG (blog something wrongly), BLOGGIST (someone who is pro-blogs), BLOGGISM, BLOGGISE (turn a diary into an online weblog), BLOGDOM (status of being a blog), ANTIBLOG, PROBLOG (representing the pro/anti blog divide), PREBLOG and POSTBLOG (what you do before and after you blog) are all allowed. FACEBOOK is still disallowed because I don’t like it and am not using it.
10. The word “TWQ” is now valid but it loses you the game straight (-200 spread) because you have the W and Q at the same time and hence fail at drawing/ rack balancing. SO DON’T PLAY IT!
11. All disallowed words from these 5 words are now allowed: NO LOOKIE INTO BAG TY
One for all, All for one, Venturez’ 06